Sunday, December 13, 2015

Easy Recipe: Three-Ingredient Popovers! (Picky Toddlers LOVE Them!)


I hope everyone is enjoying their December! Today starts the 12 Days of Christmas that I'll be doing for my sweet husband! The holidays and cold weather always makes me feel like baking so I thought I'd share one of our family's favorite breakfast recipes. (⑅˘͈ ᵕ ˘͈ )


♡*・(๑°꒵°๑) POPOVERS (๑°꒵°๑)・*♡

In second grade, my best friend at the time (and good friend now), Mara and I would ALWAYS make these! Even when we had our last sleepover our sophomore year, we still made these for breakfast the next day. They're delicious, require only three ingredients, and so easy! Popovers are eggy and filling and remind me of miniature German pancakes. I'll include a more formal recipe at the bottom of this page, and before then I'll just explain into some detail what I do to make these little angels.

So to start, I preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Then I prepare my three simple ingredients!


I'll crack the eggs in the bowl first, and whisk those lightly. After that, I add the single cup of flour and of milk and mix those in as well. If you have a small child handy, I've found them to be pretty good mixers.


Once the batter is all mixed and ready, I'll spray a standard size muffin sheet (makes approximately 12 muffins). Then pour the batter into each muffin mold, filling up only about halfway since it will rise. Pop it in the oven and let it bake for 20-25 minutes, or whenever the edges are golden brown. I like to immediately butter each popover so they soak up a little flavor and richness! 
They cool pretty quick, so after a few minutes I'll take them out of the muffin pan and set them on a plate. My favorite topping is pure butter, butter, and more butter! (´꒳`;) Xavi loves them just plain! But for those with more of a sweet tooth, I recommend a little bit of your favorite jam, some powdered sugar, and/or my aunt's delicious butter milk syrup! (ง ͡ʘ ͜ʖ ͡ʘ)ง





Popovers

Yield: 12 medium popovers   Prep Time: 5-10 minutes   Cook Time: 20 minutes   Total Time: 30 minutes

Ingredients
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour

Additional Toppings (Optional)
- butter
- jam
- powdered sugar
- syrup
- honey
- fresh fruit

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit

2. Crack the two large eggs into a large bowl, and whisk them for about 30 seconds

3. Mix in one cup of milk and one cup of flour

4. Spray muffin sheet with oil

5. Pour batter into muffin molds, filling each mold about halfway

6. Place into oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown

7. Remove muffin sheet from the oven and immediately butter the tops of the popovers. They'll look big and fluffy but will start to deflate quickly.

8. After letting them cool for a minute or two, remove from muffin sheet and they're ready to enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment