Thursday, December 17, 2015

Surprise Date at Southcenter Mall + Mall Haul

A couple of weeks ago, Israel asked me for my boss's phone number. I thought it was a little odd and I asked what he was up to but he just said nothing with a sweet, but sly smile. Later that week he would mention how excited he was for one of my Christmas presents and that I would be getting it early, so from there I knew he was planning something that would include me not being at work. Then last week, my boss told me that I would have the following Monday off! Still I had no idea what he had planned but I was definitely excited! (⁼̴̀ૢ꒳​⁼̴́ૢ๑)



Monday morning we left and drove for about an hour and half towards Seattle. Though the drive was a little lengthy, the weather was clear and beautiful and we had a nice time together just singing and listening to the Naruto station on Pandora.   Once we arrived at Southcenter Mall, Israel gave me a present! It was a cutely wrapped box with candy striped wrapping paper, a little over a foot long. I eagerly opened it and inside was a Boruto: Naruto the Movie poster and fake movie tickets that he had printed out. The tickets were a really clever touch and the poster is adorable and great quality too! ♡ He really knows me so well and I'm so lucky to have such a thoughtful and loving husband.


Inside the mall, we did some shopping and ate a late lunch/early dinner. Israel got Panda Express, and I got food from a little mall version of Mio Sushi. I'd never heard of Mio Sushi before, but it was really affordable and I can't express enough how delicious it was! I got half white rice, half greens, and then perfectly cooked Salmon Teriyaki with a over-hard fried egg to top it off. Ever since then it's all I've been craving.. (๑•́₋•̩̥̀๑) When getting our food, we separated to different parts of the food court. While Israel was at Panda, a man approached him and kind of sweet talked him with casual conversation. Then he mentioned he was hungry, and Israel offered to buy him some Panda Express. The guy said no and that he could only eat soup because he had bad teeth, but he would take cash instead. Israel said he could get food for him from somewhere else, but the guy just wanted cash. He even insisted on Israel going to an ATM but Israel just apologized and said that he couldn't do it.. and then the guy got angry with him and stormed off.  ٩(๑`^´๑)۶ Clearly he didn't want the money for food, and it's just irritating how people will try to take advantage of others like that..

Cutie ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ)


Southcenter mall is HUGE, with over 200 stores! There are parts of the mall that we never made it over to, just because of time mostly. But even then by the time we were heading for the theaters, our feet were exhausted and begging us to sit down. (˘̭⺫˘̭ ;) It's a beautiful mall and with the holiday season there were Christmas trees, pretty lights, and decorations scattered about. With our semi-limited time, we still made it to every store that we wanted! I'll share some pictures of some of the things we bought. (❛ัॢᵕ❛ั ॢ)✩*ೃ.⋆

Daiso! We also got a ton of candy and kawaii snacks which were eaten before the picture could be taken.. ♡♡♡


H&M! Israel and I are actually going to be sharing the sweater. I love H&M's men clothes because they are so comfortable! It was really tempting to just get my own but we'll just share it since it looks good on both of us. And the hat I couldn't resist, I'm a sucker for anything with ears on it. ♡ॢ₍⸍⸌̣ʷ̣̫⸍̣⸌₎


Lush! Ugh I could go on and on about how much I adore Lush! But I'll keep this short heehee. Of course we just had to pick out a few bath bombs. We got the Ickle Baby Bot for Xavi because it's a little more mild and he loves it. Then we also picked out Intergalactic because who wouldn't want a galaxy in their bath?? I'm so excited to try it out! ♡ In the spirit of the season, we grabbed Father Christmas which smelt so lovely and similar to candy canes. And look how cute his face is!


Israel wanted to try one of the soaps since his skin has been really dry and itchy lately with the colder weather that's been going on. The sweet Lush lady recommended Porridge for us since it's perfect for sensitive skin and becomes smooth and milky under hot water. It has a gentle caramel smell that will leave the skin soft and pretty.

The last mall shop we bought things from was really fun and had a wide variety of things, but we were glued to the anime section. ( ̄ω ̄;) They had lots of figures, plushies, bags, clothes, cosplay gear, posters, stickers, books, and more! The little corner of the store had a way better selection than the actual anime-dedicated stores that are at our local malls. They had these sparkly stickers for only 25 cents each and so we picked several of them!



I was SO HAPPY to find these Kamisama Hajimemashita posters! It's my favorite manga and the anime is just as beautiful as the manga though it only has two seasons out right now. (˘̩̩̩ε˘̩ƪ)


Israel picked out a few Naruto posters! They had a great deal of 3 of the smaller ones for $10, and 2 of the larger ones for $10 as well.



My favorite thing we got from there was this adorable little Kakashi figure. My one regret is not buying more because they were only $9.99 each! 。:゚(;´∩`;)゚:。 He now proudly stands next to our little manga collection.


I adore this man.

This date was a blast and maybe one of the most fun we've ever been on. My sweet husband is seriously the best!! I love him so much more than I could express; I'm so grateful for the memories that we have and the ones that we'll have later on. Thanks for reading!


2 comments:

  1. I love the cat ear hat~! I also love the Kamisama Kiss posters <33

    http://alluringalyssbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete